Sunday, February 17, 2008

The DJ Chronicles

I start again after a long time. This post is dedicated to my wing mate Dopa. Literally, DJ is supposed to mean Dopa Joke, but mind you it represents the level of intellect beyond our mortal minds. Over the past year Dopa has reached new milestones for his DJ's, we couldn't keep count. On the persistence of ever so vocal,( but always trying to stay off the record) KG, Orc and Galli, I have decided to make my first entry to DJ archive.

Note: There might be some chronological errors.

1. May 2007, place Ooty.
On our trip to Ooty(I and Orc missed it :( ). while discussing the differences between east and western cultures Dopa pitches in his insightful knowledge of how "Rapes are legal in America". As far as I can remember that was the first such DJ on the record.

2.July 2007, place KG's den
that was the time when one of us got committed, two other were looking at desparate oppurtunities( and still are) and another was being pursued by someone. we also had FIFA fever running high, (those who have played KG don't be fooled, KG is just prelims to play the actual FIFA gods of our wing). I asked KG to play a game of FIFA with me. Dopa, lost in same another realm, says, " Arre FIFA-Fufa kya khel rahe ho? LADKI KHELO NA!!!!!"( Up till know I haven't been able to fathom what he meant by saying that.)

3. circa 2007 (DJ OF ALL TIMES)
One of Dopa's classmates had the luck of having a girlfriend for 2 days . Consequently, he was quite depressed after that. Here enters our great optimistic mind and try to sooth him by saying, " अरे चार दिन की टू ज़िंदगी है, उसमे से दो दिन ऐश करी, अभ बाकी दो दिन पढ़ ले।"

4. Feb 2008, place Himalaya mess
Dopa happens to be acting Tech Sec of our Hostel. For fun I keep bugging him regarding some old Tech books he promised to get in our GBM. In mess suddenly making some connection in his imaginary thought train, he retorts, " Our last hostel nite theme was Graveyard right ! the books are buried in those graves, go and dig them out."

I have to end the post here. If I start qouting all the DJs, as even dopa agreed, I would be stuck for ages.

9 comments:

Gandhi said...

Hillarious! Go DOPA!!

kay gee said...

a piece of non-fiction well presented.

:)

DO GOPA.. oops, GO PODA.. errr..

GO DOPA!!

amrit said...

Ha ha. Good ones. Never knew this side of DOPA.

How many of you know why Anshu and myself named him Dopa in his first sem? That could bea good dope for this series as well! :P

neptune boy said...

@ amrit

jaisa DOPA has told us, that was a 'forced-upon' nick with no funda.

T/F?

Virgin said...

Nice one!! I was myself gonna come up with one of these!!! DJ- Deadly Joke..
sumtimes even keeps u wondering whether it was even a joke in the first place.. But when u sink into it u start getting the feel of the P+iJs see the joke is imaginary!!!
When with Dopa jus remember u are never low!! You can always go much much lower! :P

Virgin said...

And yeah this one you all must hear!!
happened today so i remember it vividly..
We were sitting in Campus Cafe with our man (read Dopa) sipping tea.. i asked him to share half of it with me.. well ther came the reply..
"Khushi baatne se badti hai...
Magar ghum or chai baatne se kam hoti hai!!"
BEAT THAT!! :P

Anonymous said...

Thank you Rampy...your blog will make me famous or rather infamous in insti...delivering djs is an art whose pleasure is beyond doping...

@amrit Cant forget my first night in insti . I got shit scared that i slept in my friends room inspite of having the privilege of single room in first year.

kay gee said...

one more, one more

this happened just today

when during a class the cap of my pen fell down on the floor for the second time, i remarked, "Aaj ye dhakkan baar baar gir raha hai.."
Then came the spontaneous DJ - "..Tu bahut hi gira hua insaan hai.."

Rampy said...

my bugging finally paid off.
Dopa got 6 tech books for the hostel
:D